

Posted throughout the temple grounds were Buddhist sayings.



That evening I sat around and drank a beer with, David, another lone American traveler. Roger, the guesthouse owner, invited us both out to dinner with his wife at some local rice shop. They took us on the back of their motorbikes. The food was delicious and for the four of us the bill was less than $20. I love eating in Asia.
This morning I hopped on a bus to Pai, a small town in the north west. The trip only took about 3 1/2 hours and cost $7.
I didn't book any hotels in advance...I just figured that I would find something when I arrived. I'm staying at a rustic resort of sorts about 15 minute walk outside of the town.






When I told a few people that I was going to Pai for only three nights they would say, "That's what everyone says, and then they end up staying for 2 weeks." We'll see if I decide to stay longer.
I went into a tour agency and booked a white water rafting trip for tomorrow. It's the whole day and everything is included (ie transportation, food) so I'm quite excited about that!
For the rest of the day I'm just going to chill out and relax in my hammock.

No comments:
Post a Comment