Monday, April 13, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane

I purchased my ticket home! Miraculously, I found a flight from Bangkok to New York City at the end of June for $540 on Air China. I feel a little guilty about this, but I'm actually happy to be going home. I'm sure that it has a lot to do with the fact that almost all of my friends have left because before they started disappearing I could not even think about going home - I was having too much fun here!

I also have a lot of things to look forward to when I return: I can see my friends again in New Jersey, I'll be flying out to Colorado to spend a few weeks with Ryan in July, and then I will move to Brattleboro, Vermont at the end of August/beginning of September to begin graduate school at SIT.

1 comment:

Lee said...

I am coming to Hanoi at the beginning of June for a legal summer internship at a firm there, and I am reaching out in folks in the city in advance of my trip. I’m looking for anyone who can point me in the right direction in Hanoi for places to hang out and cool things to do.

I’ll essentially be on my own – the internship program really only served to secure the job for me, and I won’t be with any other American students. My father came from Vietnam after the war, but I have never been and was raised by my mom in a purely American household. This should be interesting, since my mom is black and that’s primarily the culture I was raised in. My dad has always been around, but I only recently started to become familiar with his side of who I am. So you can see this is really exciting and really intimidating at the same time.

Hopefully, you’ll have the time and be open to helping me feel my way around Hanoi. I just need to be pointed in the right direction. I’ll only be there for 10 weeks, I like to explore, and I’m pretty quick on my feet - all I need is a ‘social compass’ and just a little help with the language.

So, I look forward to hearing from you.

Lee
leevpham@gmail.com