Yesterday was Vietnam's Women's Day. This is a day when women across the nation are celebrated and showered with gifts. Most men do the housework and/or invite women to have a meal with them. Each of the Language Link campuses (at least Cat Linh and Dai Co Viet) held luncheons and little parties to honor this special day.The day marks the founding of the Vietnam's Women's Union on October 20, 1930.
Vietnam Women’s Union (VWU) is an unique organization of women at all strata throughout the country. It is a member of the Vietnam Fatherland’s Front, the Women’s International Democratic Federation and ASEAN Confederation of Women’s Organization. VWU is mandated to strive for the equality and advancement of all women, protect and promote legitimate rights and interests of women
(taken from the VWU website)
When I walked into my Beginner class yesterday evening I found a bouquet of flowers sitting at a desk at the front of the classroom. They told me that the flowers were for me and then they all wished me a happy Women's Day!!
Addendum (added 6 hours later): This evening, after I taught my Elementary 3 class, one of my students approached me and said, "Yesterday was Vietnam's Women's Day. I did not see you, but I have this to give you." He handed me a pink envelope.
His card read, Happy Vietnamese Woman's day Miss Jessica!
Have a beautiful love, healthier, younger, more beautiful, successsful, joyful and happiness.
Student: Phuc
I love Vietnam.
No comments:
Post a Comment